Our client is a local well known and very well respected firm who offers the full range of legal services from litigation, commercial and property to family and employment law. They currently have a position available for an experienced legal secretary to join their firm in the Commercial division.
You will be working for a small team of professionals including 2 senior lawyers, and you must have a solid background working as a legal secretary in a medium sized professional law firm.
The role will encompass preparing briefs and typing complex legal documents, liaising with a variety of clients as well as legal staff, internal and external to the firm, and diary management.
You will have a solid understanding of your respective area of law (secretaries from any specialism may be considered) and possess a keen interest in your chosen area. You will be used to producing high quality work in an efficient manner and have digital dictation experience.
This is the right role for you if you have:
- excellent written and verbal communication
- an intermediate to advanced working knowledge of MS Office with a high typing speed
- the ability to work to tight schedules and manage a diverse workload
- a pro-active and 'can-do' attitude
- the ability to work well in a corporate driven team
- experience working within the commercial or conveyancing field (highly regarded but not essential)
This is a full time permanent role and would suit an individual who has extensive experience working as a legal secretary. If you live in Cairns, or will be relocating very shortly and are available for an immediate interview, apply today using the tab below.