Your role will contribute to providing strategic communication services to technical and professional staff for community engagement and media relations.
Key accountabilities include:
- Assist in providing communication advice and support to district staff on risk assessment, issues management, community consultation and communication strategies
- Coordinate and write executive correspondence, media statements, responses to media inquiries, speech notes, and other communication material for the Minister's office and senior management
- Assist with and undertake community engagement and stakeholder consultation activities during project development and delivery
- Develop and implement communication strategies, activities and procedures which assist to achieve its strategic objectives
- Gather information and write articles for various publications, including staff magazines, intranet and internet, newsletters and information brochures, and prepare promotional materials
- Provide advice and support to district staff and consultants to enhance communication skills and improve relationships with key stakeholders and the community in the delivery of projects and initiatives
Having an appropriate degree in Journalism or Communications, coupled with extensive experience within communications, you will demonstrate your outstanding experience including:
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management
- The ability to decision make and problem solve
- Strong stakeholder and community engagement experience
- Ability to work autonomously
- Previous experience in a similar role within Government would be HIGHLY regarded
You will be a team player who possesses meticulous attention to detail and strives to achieve results. If you are looking for an opportunity on the Sunshine Coast starting ASAP, please express your interest today by applying online with your resume and cover letter.