Based out of Cairns the successful candidate will travel to remote communities around far North Queensland to assist with maintenance projects.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills/ tickets:
- Must hold a current Electrical workers licence.
- Current LVR/CPR certificate
- Current ACMA registration - open cables licence with required endorsements
- Current drivers Queensland drivers licence
- Current cardio-pulmonary resuscitation certificate
- ability to provide supervision of and on the job training to apprentices, trainees and new tradespersons in conjunction with other BAS tradespersons and supervisors
- Ability to work alone or in a team
- Understands and implements quality control techniques
- High level internal and external customer service
- Be neat and presentable
- Ability to exercise discretion
- Ability to complete paperwork as required
- Knowledge of commercial and/or residential maintenance management principles, practices, legislation, regulations and codes that relate to the maintenance and construction industry.
- Understanding of and compliance with asbestos handling requirements
The successful applicants duties will include:
- Applicant will be required to travel and stay in remote areas including Aurukun, Lockhart River and Kowanyama
- Applicant will need to work and travel in a team with two other trades persons
- Applicant will be required to carry out minor electrical work, testing and make safe
- Applicant will be required to fill out paper work including test reports and report on future works
- Travel dates will be between 14.05.18 and 28.05.18
If you fit the above description and hold the necessary tickets please apply now!