About the company
This well-known organisation in Cairns plays a major role in the procurement and contract management of building, construction and maintenance services for the Queensland Government.
Their customers include departments and agencies that are responsible for schools, hospitals, housing, police stations, correctional facilities, ambulance stations and other facilities. They manage their asset life-cycle through acquisition, construction, maintenance, and disposal.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Producing high quality tender and quotation documentation for projects, ensuring compliance with industry best practice, departmental standards and client requirements.
- Utilising estimating computer packages to ensure consistency and best practice in the provision of client quotations.
- Assessing and preparing accurate and timely estimates, quotations and project trade packages; including material lists and construction programs.
- Assisting in the development and research of estimating, costing, contract administration and contract cost management practices.
- Working effectively with clients, suppliers and subcontractors to maximise service delivery, achieve business costs savings and satisfy client requirements.
Skills & experience required:
- Experience as an estimator - minimum 3 years
- A tertiary qualification in building and construction
- Demonstrate successful delivery of similar projects
- Exceptional multitasking and client management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You will need to possess a high level of accuracy, ability to manage your time effectively to meet deadlines, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you meet the above criteria and are available for an immediate start please submit your application via "Apply Now"