Our NSW Government client is seeking the services of an experienced Business Analyst, ideally a qualified Accountant. This is a temporary, but on-going, assignment based in the Sydney CBD.
About the role
In this role, you will be responsible for providing support and advice in relation to the strategic finance oversight within the Division. The role will provide an interface between the Business Operations, the Central Finance Team and other interested parties, including Treasury. The successful candidate will provide relevant financial advice that enables senior staff to make decisions regarding operations.
The successful candidate's main responsibilities will include;
* Providing support in delivering high level strategic, tactical and operational financial advice to Divisional Executives, ensuring they meet the required standards of probity, equity and best practise in public administration.
* Assisting, and provide analysis, in the preparation of high quality, timely financial reporting for the assigned Division to meet the organisational needs.
* Developing ground up budgets for the assigned Divisions, working with the Business Partner Director and Divisional Executives to ensure the budgets reflect the businesses plans and remain within their budgetary allocation.
* Identifying appropriate funding sources, report pressures on Divisional budgets and work with the Divisions in consideration and implementation of mitigation strategies to reduce the impact.
* Reinforce the successful alignment of business practises with Government financial management requirements and the need for early intervention when issues emerge.
* Provide financial analysis and advice regarding the impacts arising from Divisional initiatives, including assistance with costing and consideration as to the sources of funding.
Skills and experience
In order to be successful in your application, you will have/demonstrate the following;
- Experience in a similar role
- Tertiary qualification in accounting/financial field
- High accuracy level and efficiency
- The ability to assist varying levels of staff and clients
How to apply
To express your interest in this role, please click the apply button below.
For a confidential conversation please call Mary on +61 2 9220 6924.