IPA Townsville are currently seeking an experienced Contracts officer to commence ASAP.
This role is working within the procurement team, that is considered the expert in relation to contract management and whose purpose is to drafting and delivery of high level contract documentation; provide high level technical advice to other procurement officers and management teams across the organisation. The role exists to ensure that personnel undertaking contracting/purchasing activity do so in a manner that reduces organisational expenditure, maintains acceptable and appropriate probity levels and minimises risk particularly reputational risk.
- Tertiary qualifications in Contract Management, or demonstrated extensive experience in contract management in a large diverse and complex organisation.
- Current "C" class driver's licence.
- Excellent knowledge of Local Government framework (Local Government Act and Regulations) as it relates to procurement.
- Excellent knowledge of tendering processes and procedures in a large complex organisation.
- Excellent knowledge of Policy and procedures as they relate to Contract Management.
- Good knowledge and understanding of enterprise wide applications.
- Demonstrated experience in a medium to large organisation in a Contract environment.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Microsoft suite of applications, particularly work and excel.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Minimum of five years' experience in an enterprise tendering and contract management role.
Please only apply if you meet all of the above criteria.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.