As a world leader who has been servicing the needs of the healthcare sector for 30 years, our client has a strong and inclusive culture which seeks to provide language assessments for learners of the English language to the healthcare sector. Their purpose is to make a difference by putting people at the centre of everything they do.
As a not-for-profit department of a world-renowned University established in the late 1980s under contract to the Australian Federal Government, our client has undergone a continuous cycle of research and validation to ensure it is fit-for-purpose and relevant for today. As the Chief of Staff you will work closely with a dynamic and fast-paced CEO as well as partnering with key leaders across the organisation ensuring that you are implementing and advancing the CEO's strategic objectives.
Reporting to the CEO, you will form part of the Executive Team. Your focus will be to provide advice on all governance matters to ensure a robust governance framework is in place and working effectively. This includes:
- Board - draft and design board papers to establish the cadence of board meetings, as well as preparing in advance for board meetings
- Finance - work closely with the CEO and Financial Controller to develop and maintain a long term financial plan by contributing to the organisation's Business Plan, 5-year Financial Plan, Annual Budgets/Reports and Financial Reports
- Governance - provide high quality governance services to the business and respond to day to day queries relating to the corporate governance framework
- Project management - support the CEO on matters relating to policy, planning and operations of the team and organisation
- Communication - write first drafts of proposals, presentations, board reports and other strategic communications on behalf of the CEO and Executive Team
As the successful candidate you will work collaboratively, have a well-developed ability to champion and deliver a culture of good corporate governance and be a commercially astute and driven adviser to the business. You will be a proactive, adaptable self-starter who works well under pressure while exercising judgement and discretion. Your pragmatic and commercial approach will assist you to manage the demands of multiple stakeholders. You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Finally, you have a reputation for being humble, where no task you undertake is beyond the success of the role and overall strategic objectives.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have at least 10 years' experience in a similar role, preferably within a global organisation. In return, you will be well remunerated and get to work with passionate, like-minded staff who can boast significant workplace diversity and stunning CBD offices.
Interested candidates are encouraged to contact Victoria Best on (03) 9252 2258 for a confidential discussion or click on apply now!
Please note, if you are interested in applying for this opportunity it's a mandatory requirement that you will need to undertake a Criminal History Check.