IPA are a leading supplier of recruitment solutions to Australian Government. We are seeking the services of an experienced Finance and Project Advisor for a 12-month contract based in Newcastle.
The role is accountable for all aspects of the Financial Management service catalogue that is relevant to our clients program.
Provide support for project operations & management including:
- Ensure accurate and compliant financial records for the Program.
- Assist Finance Manager and Financial Performance and Strategy Co-ordinator with the budget process.
- Assist the Financial Performance and Strategy Co-ordinator with identification of financial risks and remediation options.
- As required provide assistance to the Project Assurance, Training and Improvement Co-ordinator to improve the quality assurance and the knowledge of project leaders.
- Provide advice to Project/Program leaders on opportunity formation, business cases, project planning, project performance and project closures.
- Ensure all relevant deadlines are met for the Program in relation to Financial Management deliverables.
- Monitor and review Program revenue forecasts and project progress against revenue recognition drivers, including monitor/manage WIP/DR balances.
- Forecast projected outcomes and recommend corrective actions, assisting with follow through on project plans, budget and milestone variations.
- Forecast projected expenditure and initiate corrective actions as required or as directed.
- Contribute to cash flow management processes and information needs.
- Prepare and review monthly Program reports. Reporting should include commentary & analysis with recommendations for rectification/mitigation of risks and issues.
- Primary contact for Program Leadership Team.
- Monitor Program Budget against the opportunities and project plans.
- Review and where appropriate, prepare acquittals.
- Allocate activities to Finance and Project Officers & Administrators and review of that output.
- Work closely with the Financial Performance and Strategy Co-ordinator and the Project Assurance, Training and Improvement Co-ordinator roles to facilitate information flows required to fulfil their roles.
- Participate in the Financial Management community of practice, which is charged with establishing best practice and continuous improvement for this role including internal management reporting, cost element structures, reporting & KPIs and feeding process standards into the Education & Training team.
- Assist with the translation of business units requirements to the Program's opportunities and projects e.g. BU Rules, pricing strategy.
- Advise on workforce planning/deployment.
- Support Project Leaders with Project Management advice when required.
- Advise and assist staff with all aspects of the end to end processes including the costing documentation, governance, establishment and customer management of projects.
- Monitor and manage invoice / milestone process (including direct sales and royalty invoices)
- Assist with asset purchasing and collaborator contracts.
- Provide a centralised operations contact point for funding bodies.
- A tertiary qualification in accounting or finance or relevant work experience in a financial environment.
- Knowledge and experience of systems and processes to enable stakeholders to achieve their responsibilities around project management, accountability and compliance.
- Knowledge and experience in project and/or management accounting and reporting, including the extraction and reporting of information using Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Ability to develop and communicate strategic financial management advice as a trusted advisor to business partners, prioritising high volume work and service delivery.