Our client is a well-established crane, construction and logistics company with strong presence and reputation in the industry.
We are looking for an experienced construction professional to fill the role of Safety (WHS) Manager. You will work closely with Senior Management and operational staff, strategically developing and improving WHS, to continue to promote a safety-first culture.
You will have excellent WHS knowledge, practices and communication skills. You will strive towards positive cultural change and use your experience to provide a fresh perspective on safety issues. The role will incorporate approximately 3 out of 5 days managing site inspections.
- Drive and mentor behavioural safety culture and actively promote zero harm
- Deliver a highly effective WH&S management system
- Provision of WH&S training
- Advise and mentor work groups and staff towards compliance to the safety management plan and client site safety requirements
- Conduct routine safety inspections of work sites
- Research and assist in the development of safety policies relating to the sites
- Prepare and maintain reports and documentation
- Analyse safety problems and recommend solutions
Applicants must display the following attributes to be considered for this position:
- Experience working as a WH&S professional in the civil construction space
- Sound knowledge of various legislative standards and auditing processes to ensure ongoing compliance
- Excellent skills in managing time, priority setting, planning, communication and organisation
- Advanced knowledge of Safety systems and standards
- Cert III or IV in WH&S
- Cert IV TAE (desirable)
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for then apply now! For any enquiries please direct to Chris Hemming on 0477 011 034. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IPA - The Best in People