- Acquire new skills with an industry leader
- Build a long term career in the fire protection industry
- Customer focussed, service role
- Full training provided. Just bring the right attitude!
Are you a licensed plumber who is interested in a side step into the fire protection industry? Do you have an interest in pipes, suppression, fire extinguishers, hose reels and hydrants? Are you a people person, who thrives on getting things right? Do you have a great attention to detail? Are you organised, diligent and precise? Are you looking for a long-term career move? Are you willing to learn something new?
If so, then this role is right up your alley.
Our client is an independent company who has built a reputation for quality workmanship through uncompromising attention to detail for over 30 years. They have firmly established their family-owned Cairns-based business, as a leading essential safety maintenance company. Their technicians travel across Australia and overseas to maintain the highest level of competencies in the industry.
In joining this company, you would be part of a team dedicated to providing the most competent and best customer service in the fire protection industry. Our client supplies, installs and maintains a range of portable equipment, fire detection alarm & warning, emergency lighting, fire hydrant, pump, sprinkler & suppression systems.
This role requires a customer focused person who can be trusted to work independently once fully trained.
If you are willing to learn, they are willing to teach. About the role
- Work with a variety of systems and fire protection equipment
- Accurately follow internal processes
- Complete service reports
To be successful in this role you would also need the following demonstrated attributes:
Desirable but not essential
- Keen learner who isn't afraid of technology,
- Have a strong focus on customer service and a willingness to multi-skill and learn new aspects of fire protection,
- Good personal presentation, strong communications skills. A people person!
- Attention to detail, ability to write up reports and accurately complete paperwork,
- Hard working and be a self-starter / ability to work with little supervision,
- Be accountable for and confident in, the work you do,
- A mechanical or technical aptitude, used to working with tools, have good hand skills,
- This active role also requires someone who is fit, agile and has no issues with climbing ladders for ceiling inspections or into hulls of boats etc. as required. (if you have an issue with being in tight spaces, perhaps this role is not for you!)
- In the selection process, you will also be required to consent to a police check for the role
- You must be able to pass random drug and alcohol testing both upon commencement and at any time during your employment. We are in the business of safety and we take safety very seriously.
- Current drivers licence
- Previous experience in plumbing,
- Cabling licence
- Qualified plumber
- The knowledge and skills to help you build a strong and successful career
- Full training provided
- Opportunity to travel once fully trained