IPA Townsville has an exciting opportunity for a Structural Steel Estimator based in Townsville to commence on a permanent contract.
Apply for this job
Reference # 210014732_156705628545020
Responsible for evaluating bid specifications, drawings, compiling costs and ensuring that we know everything required to successfully bid and win the project.
* Ensure that all tenders are identified and submitted on time.
* Ensure that all aspects of a project are identified and associated costs are allowed.
* Liaising with clients and ensuring that we are quoting as per their requirements.
* Track and record tenders and develop a database identifying the costs of specific processes.
* Establish and maintain a coordinated, organised, team environment.
* Ensure that all work is carried out to CSF ISO9001 quality system and project specifications.
* Review procedures and assist with continual improvement.
* Business development.
* Complete take-offs of all items relevant to complete the structural steel and metalwork scope of works.
* Obtain quotes from suppliers for all items required to complete the scope of works.
* Ensure that the tender complies with the project specifications.
* Ensures that value adding opportunities are identified and explored where possible.
* Liaise with builders tendering the project to discuss ambiguous items and clarify scope.
* Compile tender submission and submit to relevant companies.
* If tender is successful complete a projects handover to the relevant project manager.
* Liaise with Estimating manager to identify the relevant projects to tender.
* Assist with site measuring and developing hand sketches if required.
* Generate purchase orders if required.
* Assist with cost control throughout the contract.
* Identify and price contract variations and assist with pricing if required.
* Willingness to work overtime when required.
* Regular and reliable attendance.
* Willingness to perform the work of other job tasks or positions outside of or in addition to the primarily assigned position.
* Previous experience in a similar role preferred.
* Experience in structural steel fabrication and detailing.
* Flexible and cooperative team attitude.
* Ability to accept directions and constructive criticism and make necessary adjustments.
* Excellent organisation and time management skills.
If you wish to have further information please contact Korine at IPA for a confidential discussion 47507777
Posted on: 29 August 2019
Apply for this job