Identified Client Information Officer
Conditions and benefits of working for Legal Aid Queensland
15-24 hrs per week (part- time hours)
12.75% employer super contributions
Flexible working hours
Generous salary packaging available
Study leave for approved work-related courses
Please click on the link at the bottom of the Ad to apply!
This is an outstanding opportunity for a customer service professional to take on a demanding and rewarding role in a state-wide in-bound call centre. Established in 1997, Legal Aid Queensland's Client Information Services plays an important role in our state's justice system, providing more than 145,000 people each year with free legal information and referrals to other services.
As a client information officer, you will help people identify their legal problems, explain their legal rights and responsibilities, and provide information about how to apply for a grant of legal aid. You will also assess whether people need further legal help and organise for them to be booked in for legal advice with a lawyer. All client information officers complete an extensive initial training program and participate in an ongoing training and development program to enhance their customer service and communication skills and improve their knowledge of the law and our legal system.
- Manage all incoming calls to the organisation by identifying customer requirements and meeting these wherever possible over the telephone.
- Provide information by telephone about legal processes, Legal Aid Queensland guidelines and referral agencies.
- Participate in skill development processes, including call monitoring, on-the-job and group training.
- Help improve information databases by providing regular feedback on the information's appropriateness and use.
- Participate in team, process and service improvement activities.
- Create and maintain a positive and efficient organisational image by providing outstanding client service by telephone or other means as required.
What we are looking for
In completing the role of client information officer, the following capabilities are required.
- You have experience in a call centre or customer service environment. You are also willing to learn and apply new knowledge in the workplace.
- You can communicate orally in a clear and succinct manner. You have the ability to explain information using language that is appropriate for the audience. You also possess sound literacy skills and computer skills.
- You can build and sustain positive relationships with team members. You support team members in busy or difficult working periods. You also demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to meet changing work requirements.
- You stay calm in difficult situations and when dealing with difficult people. You treat people with respect and courtesy. You also refer difficult problems to the supervisor as needed.
- You act professionally and within the boundaries of organisation processes. You also maintain strict confidentiality of information.
Mandatory requirements or special conditions
- Accreditation or the ability to rapidly gain accreditation as a Legal Aid Queensland client information officer (all successful applicants must complete a training program and achieve a satisfactory level of competence before confirming employment).
- This is a program to redress the under-representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people working at Legal Aid Queensland and is an equal opportunity measure as permitted under section 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991. Therefore the successful candidate must be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent.
By this we mean a person who:
- identifies as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person and who is either:
- of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent; or
- is accepted as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person by the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community in which he or she lives.
This is an equal opportunity measure as permitted under section 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991
To apply for this opportunity, please follow the link provided below. Applications submitted via "apply now" will not be accepted.
Please contact Joel Bates from IPA if you have any questions in regards to the application process.