In the role of Operation Support Officer
you will utilise a broad range of computer software programs and information management systems databases to provide high level support services to project managers and/or team members.
The position will administer, maintain and ensure the delivery of a range of support activities associated with:
What kind of person will suit this role?
- Using the CCTV network, Intelligent Transport Systems, sourced and confirmed information from police, media, public and other stakeholders, monitor the road network to identify operational issues and information for public broadcasting;
- Evaluate, prioritise and disseminate traffic information via the 13 19 40 traffic hotline and relay to other ITS devices, including VMS signs and the 13 19 40 website.
- Review, prepare and deliver planned and unplanned up-to-date traffic information via live traffic report broadcasts to radio stations;
- Provide high level administrative support to project managers and team members, including coordination of team meetings, taking and distributing minutes, documents and reports, establishing and maintaining spreadsheets and registers and providing timely information, updates and presentations as required.
- Ensure operational practices and standards of service and performance comply with departmental and regional policies, legislation (incl. WH&S), and governance obligations.
- Fast-paced environment and at times, can be stressful with multiple items to action simultaneously
- May need to think and react quickly when things happen unexpectedly,
- Must be able to keep calm and deliver accurate information to police and other emergency services in the event of a traffic emergency
This is an AO2 Level 4 position and pays $32.33/hr
Work hours are set as 10am to 6pm, 36.25hrs per week
Contract is from October 1 to June 30, 2020
Unfortunately there will be no opportunity for extension as this is a seasonal role due to operational needs across the wet season.
If you are keen to submit your resume, please include a COVER LETTER
with information about you, what you are looking for in your career and how you meet the above criteria. If you are super keen
, you would probably hand deliver your resume in person to Simone at IPA Cairns, 49 Spence Street (corner of Grafton and Spence).
Don't delay! Send your resume in today as we are closing applications on Monday 16 September.