Another great role on offer by a key client of IPA, Australia's labour hire and recruitment firm of the past two years.
Our key statewide client is looking for someone to fill a 12 month contract (approximately). You will be site based on various civil construction projects across the state.
Your day to day work will revolve around;
- Assisting the Project Team (comprising of Project Manager, Design Manager and Project Engineer) with the inspection and monitoring of all construction works.
- Identifying and advising the Project Team and Contractor of any construction related issues and possible solutions for rectifying these issues.
- Advising and providing necessary documentation as evidence to enable the Superintendent and Superintendent's Rep to finalise Variations, Extensions of Time, Progress Claims and other contractual related matters.
- Monitoring and providing necessary technical support to the Contractor to ensure the construction works meet the technical specification requirements for quality and timeliness.
- Monitoring and auditing the construction works to ensure the contractor complies with the SWMS, scope of work and technical specifications.
- Identifying, analysing, and liaising with Operational and Maintenance Teams in resolving operational problems to enable the scheduling and co-ordination of all construction works.
- Preparing of daily construction reports including all photographic records of the construction works.
- Reviewing quotes and selecting suitable civil contractors to do the ad hoc minor works.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures, project governance requirements and legislative requirements.
If you love variety, challenge and travel then this is the job for you. To be successful you will need relevant qualifications such as site supervisor certificate and several years expereince in contractor supervision, preferably in bulk water civil construction projects.