IPA is currently recruiting for an experienced Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Lawyer to provide legal services based in the heart of the Brisbane CBD for a Federal Government department.
As a Lawyer for the newly established Royal Commission, you will be a part of the Private Sessions team. You will be responsible for conducting private sessions with Commissioners and identifying information that needs to be escalated for further investigation.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- At least 5+ years PAE experience;
- Experience working with First Nations people; and
- Experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Controlled health, legal, and community organisations. A&TSI Legal Services would be highly preferred;
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills; and
- A contemporary attitude to Disabilities.
For this opportunity you must be an empathic, critical thinker that has the capacity to manage in an often challenging environment. You will also have experience working with directly with individual clients. The ability to travel is essential for this role as regular interstate travel is required.
This role would be an ongoing contract for the length of the Commission.
This is an Identified position - Applicants must identify as being of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent.
Should this sound like the perfect opportunity for you, please express you interest today by clicking APPLY NOW.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to Joel Bates on 07 3225 7500.