Our client requires an experienced Workplace Health and Safety Officer, to join their team from now to the end of January, 2020. The successful applicant will be employed by IPA on a labour hire basis for the duration of the assignment. Join IPA who is Australia's Labour Hire and Recruitment Firm of the year, as we support this key Government client in Monto, the beautiful North Burnett.
Within this role, the People & Performance team share the same objectives; to establish, maintain and implement best practice Work, health and Safety (WH&S) activities according to applicable legislative and compliance framework.
Key Responsibilities shall include, but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain an effective Safety Management System and ensure implementation across all worksites
- Identify and investigate WH&S risks/non-compliance
- Provide accurate and up to date information and advice to all areas to ensure the organisation is compliant with applicable legislation and the compliance framework
- Coordinate and undertake WH&S training and assessment functions including inductions and the verification of competency program
- Coordinate and manage the work and non-work-related injury and illness rehabilitation program
- Provide effective supervision and leadership within the People and Culture team
- Such other relevant duties as required from time to time which would generally fall within the scope of this position
A high level of attention to detail is essential, along with a high level of communication and interpersonal skills.
Unrestricted drivers licence- 'C" class is essential
National Police Certificate
Tertiary qualifications or undertaking formal qualifications relevant to work area
Comprehensive knowledge of local government functions, program activities and work practises, procedures and policies.
The successful candidate must ensure all work is carried out to meet Work Health and Safety objectives and targets to eliminate risk of injury and illness for themselves and others.
If you are looking for a challenging role that is fast paced, working for a dynamic team, please apply today!