About the business
Our client is a leading manufacturer of electric motors and controls, power generation products and power transmission products serving customers throughout the world. They create a better tomorrow by developing and responsibly producing energy-efficient products and systems.
They also are a leading manufacturer and distributor of air moving products. They manufacture and market a comprehensive range of fans and blowers for the HVAC market. Their broad product range covers the complete offering from axial fans, forward curved fans both direct drive and belt drive through to backward curved fans including plug fans to name a few. About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to join the team based in Rowville. Reporting to the Business Leader for Commercial, you will provide leadership for the manufacture, warehouse and logistic of the Commercial operation in order to achieve financial and operating objectives set by the overall organization business plan. Major Responsibilities:
Skills and experience
- Lead, develop and implement long-term business and operation strategies for the site, which meet departmental and corporate goals.
- Sets and monitors the performance of the Rowville Manufacturing Facility to ensure that the site meets its current and future production targets and quality standards. Monitors speed, cost, quality and safety metrics.
- Establish expectations and implement timely/complete communications to all site personnel to provide information and increase understanding of plant performance; safety, environmental and financial performance; long-term strategies and initiatives; Corporate and department policies, etc.
- Implement and sustain efficient production processes with a focus on CI and lean principals
- Operational cost saving initiatives are identified and implemented
- Liaisons with Business Leader and functional leadership (e.g. Human Resources, Quality, Supply Chain, and Technology) in order to ensure strong communication between manufacturing and its counterparts.
- Establishes operating budgets; monitors the cost and effectiveness of production activities to optimize resources, prioritize spending, and achieve volume, quality, and manufacturing standards.
- Implements policies and procedures to ensure safety, quality, delivery and cost reduction goals are achieved.
- Collaborates with management in selecting and prioritization of projects, leaders and champions that align with business/functional goals and strategies.
- Identifies and resolves operational and other functional issues that may impact business performance in the short-term.
- Degree qualified (an advantage) and previous experience in Plant leadership position showing responsibility for operational excellence, people management and financial performance
- Strong and proven industry knowledge preferably in the air moving industry OR Manufacturing industry
- Passion for delivering remarkable customer service with great results
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a diverse team and build a cohesive work culture
- Proven ability to lead, delegate and take responsibility
- Innovative approach to optimize plant use and drive continuous improvement.
- A strong understanding of financial management and delivering to set targets.
- High level of resilience and adaptability to changing situations
- Team player who can multi-task and make quick effective decisions under pressure
- A strong focus on health and safety
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an analytical thinking approach
APPLY NOW to find out more about this Management position!