IPA are recruiting for an experienced Rates Supervisors for our Client who is based in Emerald.
The position is available to start immediately and the successful applicant will be employed on a labour hire basis with IPA. The position will initially be for 6 months with the view of further extension to 12 months.
This position offers full time hours, Monday to Friday. There is an attractive pay rate on offer, which will be discussed at the interview stages.
- To provide advice and assistance to the Co-ordinator Financial Accounting, Finance Officer, Rates Officers and Debtors Officer.
- Supervise the day to day activities and provide expert advice to the Rates Officers
- Responsible for the rating function including the levy and collection of rates, maintenance of the rates database and collection of outstanding rates.
- Develop and update procedures and systems to ensure high quality rating information is maintained and provided to internal and external stakeholders.
- Implement and monitor appropriate performance indicators for rating activities. As necessary provide training and/or mentoring for team members and other staff with respect to the rating function.
- Undertake responsibility for rate modelling for budgeting and financial analysis
- Coordinate the development and provision of reports containing relevant rating information to internal and external customers
The successful applicant will have demonstrated experience working within local government rating systems. With Demonstrated understanding of local government legislation in relation to rating systems.
- Minimum of Queensland C class provisional driver's licence
- High level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of Customer Service focus
- Ability to deliver results
This is a busy and hard working team, looking for their next team member to provide additional support, leadership and a positive attitude to the business.
If this sounds like you, please apply now to be considered.