Start the New Year with a new opportunity! IPA's Government team is currently searching for multiple experienced Senior Communications Advisors ranging from AO5 to AO7 level, with a strong background in community engagement, correspondence and media relations based in Nerang area.
The Communications team is responsible for the delivery and development of communication services across a number of different business units all across Queensland. You would be able to provide strategic and effective communication advice on Planning and Infrastructure projects, which can often be very sensitive issues.
As we have multiple positions available, your daily duties would include but are not limited to:
- The development and implementation of communication plans;
- Stakeholder management which includes political navigation;
- Executive and Ministerial correspondence;
- Risk assessment and escalate issues when required; and
- Consistently up-to-date knowledge of company structure and policies with the ability to actively provide training advice and support to staff.
In accordance with the above, the successful individual would also possess:
- At least five (5) years' or AO5/AO6/AO7 experience in strategic communication in major project environments, social media and community engagement;
- Previous Local or State Government experience would be advantageous;
- Infrastructure experience is preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in public relations and media in a government environment is highly desirable;
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills;
- Customer service mentality and assuring the needs of the customer are needs are met;
- Exemplary attention to detail paired with the ability to multi-task with tight time constraints;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, specifically experienced in executive correspondence, to all levels of audiences;
- IPA2 or equivalent training in community engagement is highly desirable; and
- Qualifications in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing are advantageous.
You will be a self-starter who is proactive, efficient and can immediately model professional and ethical behaviour while working in a challenging and complex environment. You will be a versatile individual with a keen expertise in government relations. These opportunities are a 12-month contract with the potential to extend to 2024.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please express your interest today by clicking APPLY NOW!
If you have any extra questions in regards to the roles on offer, please feel free to contact Kayla Desbrow on 07 3225 7500 or email@example.com.