IPA are a leading supplier of recruitment solutions to the Australian Government. On behalf of our Federal Government client, we are seeking the services of an experienced Assistant Director for a 15 month engagement based in Canberra.
About the role
As an Assistant Director, you will be responsible for ensuring value for money is achieved through the effective performance and assurance management of host organisation contracts within their allocated portfolio. The position involves working with senior leaders within host organisations as well as internal stakeholders.
The successful candidate's main responsibilities will include;
- Providing team leadership, driving process and performance improvement whilst managing a portfolio of agreements;
- Monitoring and driving performance and compliance in accordance with the agreement, including undertaking performance conversations and negotiations, reporting, taking corrective actions, ongoing issues and risk management.
- Establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with stakeholders, including host organisations and internal stakeholders;
- Undertaking ongoing reviews of host organisation agreements within the portfolio ensuring compliance to branch procedures, accurate and high quality data and systems compliance is addressed;
- Fielding and responding to enquiries, issues, disputes, requests for information, departmental brief requirements and ongoing reporting as required;
- Acting as a contract escalation point between the Client and host organisation or header organisations ensuring timely and accurate achievement of milestones and performance;
- Attending meetings and calls as a representative on agreement matters, effectively advocating the position of the Client with a view to negotiating the best outcomes for participants and their families; and
- Prepare high quality and timely correspondence, briefs and reports as requested.
Skills and experience
In order to be successful in your application you will demonstrate the following;
- Positive contemporary attitudes to people with disability
- 3-5 years' experience in a supply chain management, procurement or contract management role.
- Significant experience in the Australian Public Sector is highly desirable
- Relevant business, accounting, Legal or commerce degree qualification desirable.
- Ability to travel and engage stakeholders throughout the Client's network when required.
How to apply
o express your interest in this role, please click the apply button.
For a confidential conversation please call Kristy on 02 9220 6900.