IPA's Government team is currently seeking resumes from experienced Senior Principal Estimator with vast knowledge of estimating, contracts and construction management to join one of our government departments based in Cannon Hill area.
What kind of responsibilities will I have?
- Prepare sub contract trade packages for tender.
- Assist in the tender evaluations.
- Maintain and update items and pricing of estimating templates.
- Contribute to tender package reviews to identify improvement and/or cost saving opportunities.
- Perform site visits and liaise with the project team regarding project specific requirements including site access requirements, onsite preliminaries and trade package specific items.
- Liaise with the project team which includes; supervisors, quantity surveyors, purchasing officers, contract administrators and project managers for the preparation, evaluation and award of sub contract trade packages.
What kind of experience / skillset are you looking for?
- Previous experience as a senior estimator (AO6 or equivalent experience)
- Ability to interpret plans and specifications.
- Experience with computer software including; Buildsoft, Costx, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Relevant tertiary and/or trade qualifications.
- Experience working for a tier 1 or 2 builder in a similar role.
- Experience working on commercial construction projects up to $50 million in value.
- Well rounded construction experience in all field aspects - including carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, mechanical, etc.
- Experience on correctional centre projects desirable but not essential.
- The ability to work well as an individual as well as in a team environment.
- Knowledge of QLD's commercial construction market.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Good with problem solving.
- Well organised and able to meet deadlines.
If you have meticulous attention to detail, a can do attitude as well as being a results orientated professional, your enthusiasm and motivation to succeed will make you an integral part of this team.
If this role sounds perfect for you, click APPLY today to express your interest!
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact Kayla Desbrow on 07 3225 7500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised, resume's submitted via email will not be accepted, applicants must apply via original advertisement.