IPA are a leading supplier of recruitment solutions to the Australian Government. Our Federal Government client is seeking the services of an experienced Procurement Officer for a temporary contract based in Canberra.
About the role
The position requires a highly developed Procurement Officer with extensive hands on experience with strategic and complex procurement activities, whilst ensuring compliance with the Commonwealth Procurement Rules (CPRs) and government interconnected policies.
The Procurement Officer will be required to provide procurement expertise and assist stakeholders to plan, develop, and manage procurement arrangements to effectively meet organisational and business objectives. The successful candidate's main responsibilities will include;
- Undertake strategic and complex procurement and tender related activities and in a manner which is compliant with the Commonwealth Procurement Rules (CPRs).
- Responsible for developing all procurement and tender documentation associated with complex procurement.
- Develop contracts as an outcome of tendering activities.
- Provide support to delivering government policy and CPR compliant Procurement Strategies within complex multi-tiered stakeholder groups.
- Work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary, often regionally dispersed research team, and business unit to carry out tasks in support of the Agency's objectives
Skills and experience
In order to be successful in your application you will demonstrate and/or have the following;
- Working knowledge of the Commonwealth Procurement Rules (CPR) and how they apply to a Corporate Commonwealth Entity (CCE) organisation
- Qualifications and/or experience in government procurement is highly desired
- Demonstrated ability in undertaking and delivering complex procurements throughout the entire procurement lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for managing work projects to achieve results in a professional and timely manner and respond positively to change.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment, proactively collaborating and consulting with internal and external stakeholders, as well as sharing resources to accomplish objectives.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to generate improved solutions to complex problems and resolve complaints using creativity, reasoning and past experience.
How to apply
To express your interest in this role, please click the apply button below
For a confidential conversation, call Kristy on 0435 969 348