IPA is looking for a Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to join our Client to support the Central QLD Region.
The role on offer is permanent and can be Full Time or Part Time in nature for the perfect candidate. The role will be based from Rockhampton.
The successful applicant will be employed directly by our Client and there is an attractive salary and benefits on offer, which will be discussed at the interview stage.
Our Client specialises in empowering and supporting its Clientele to reach their potential through a range of multi-disciplinary approaches.
We are looking for someone who is experienced and who has a passion for working with Clients affected by Mental Health issues.
You will be responsible for providing clinical nursing services to Clients through assessment, triage, and clinical intervention including nurse led clinics and telehealth consultations. You will be working with Clients who have severe mental disorders and working in partnership with significant others including family members and other supporting health care professionals.
- Provide clinical nursing services
- Conduct Client intake, risk and needs assessments
- Manage, develop and liaise with referrers and stakeholders regularly to develop strong relationships
- Review Client's mental states and prescribing medication and monitoring side effects
- Apply evidence-based psycho-education and psychotherapeutic interventions when necessary
- Recognise and use early intervention principles as required
- Maintain Client files, case notes and risk management documentation
- Current AHPRA Registration with endorsement as a Nurse Practitioner
- Credentialed with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (ACMHN)
- Master's Degree in Nursing or equivalent
- Holds a Medicare Provider Number or is eligible to obtain
- Queensland Driver's Licence
You must be able to demonstrate working knowledge and understanding of the Queensland Mental Health Act 2016 and the National Standards for Mental Health.
Candidates must have the ability to maintain highly confidential information and demonstrate strong organisation, planning and time management skills.
A high level of interpersonal communication skills is essential to succeed in this role.
You will join a fantastic existing team who will welcome and support you.
If supporting Clients with Mental Health is your passion and you're looking to take the next step in your career, please apply now.