IPA are a leading supplier of recruitment solutions to the Australian Government. On behalf of our Federal Government client, we are seeking the services of an experienced Litigation Team Leader a 12 month contract based in Sydney.
As a Team Leader, you will assist with preparation of case studies, including for public hearing (working with counsel assisting), and assisting with discrete legal research tasks
Your duties will include:
- Analysis of documentary material produced by way of submissions from the public and in response to compulsory processes
- Providing investigative support and determining optimal evidence-gathering processes
- Meeting with potential witnesses
- Preparing evidence including witness statements and documents for tender
- Engaging with legal representatives regarding the role, status and rights of persons appearing or affected by hearings, round tables and consultations
- Identifying privacy, confidentiality and privilege issues and
- Planning, preparation and delivery of public hearings.
The successful applicant should have/ demonstrate the following:
- Significant work experience in the Australian Public Sector
- Experience in large-scale litigation, document management systems and the preparation and management of evidence, for a minimum of 10 years' experience post admission
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work under pressure in urgent circumstances, in a team environment
- Familiarity with electronic document management databases
- Capacity to effectively supervise and mentor junior legal staff.
To apply, press the Apply Now Button.
For a confidential conversation, call Kristy on 0435 969 348