To assist in the implementation of environmental management and maintenance operations within the branch, including but not limited to: bush land revegetation, wetlands, weed management, threat abatement and mapping activities.Operational
Essential experience, capabilities and qualifications required: Technical knowledge:
- Completes planned rehabilitation, management and maintenance programs within natural areas, including:
- fauna monitoring, rubbish removal, dieback, weed control and revegetation.
- Undertakes visits to bushland and environmental assets to identify threats to the biodiversity of these areas.
- Identifies weeds and implement suitable control processes.
- Undertakes regeneration site works and planting.
- Assists in the preparation of field reports and undertake weed mapping.
- Supports any activities undertaken by friends groups.
- Maintains professional and courteous relationships with the general public and other staff.
- Understands and apply traffic regulations and Australian Standards regarding traffic management around the
- work site.
Revegetation techniques, native flora and weed identification skills. Good knowledge
of weed control methods including chemical controls and a high level of practical skill in the various methods
of application. Certificate III or higher in Conservation and Land Management or equivalentPractical experience:
Proven ability to use chainsaws, brush cutters, chemical application and hand tools.
Teamwork * Communication * Innovation * Customer Focus * Integrity
Customer and team focus: Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships
within a small team and with a diverse range of people with the aim of meeting customer needs, expectations
and business goals.
Should you wish to discuss this opportunity please call Natalie on 94631999