IPA has a strong history partnering with Local, State and Federal Government and at present, our Government team is seeking experienced Intake Clinicians for a Federal Department based in Brisbane.
Our client is looking for multiple motivated individuals with a strong passion to care for our Nations Veteran and Defence communities to join their Client Assist Contact Centre. Our client is well respected for helping make the lives of Australians happier, healthier and more productive!
As an Intake Clinician, you will be responsible for the intake assessment, triage services, clinical support to the Client Assist Contact Centre. You will have extensive experience in triaging and coordination of critical and complex intake services via telephone.
You will provide a breadth of experience, knowledge and skills including but not limited to:
- Triaging, coordinating intakes, and referral of clients;
- Intake of individuals requesting counselling or case management services;
- Quality assurance of escalated cases;
- Risk assessment and safety planning is completed during all calls and follow up occurs;
- Liaising with stakeholders on a case by case basis;
- Record keeping and compliance of all intakes;
- Provide expert clinical guidance and advice; and
- Recommendations on procedures and policies to make workflow more efficient.
The ideal applicant for this position will possess:
- Australian Citizenship;
- Relevant health or allied health professional registered with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA) or a social worker accredited with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW);
- Preference for substantial mental health experience, including Psychologists, Social Workers, or Nurses;
- Community or Defence mental health team experience is desirable;
- APS 6 or equivalent experience;
- Demonstrated experience in complex mental health clinical service delivery, including intake, triage and risk assessment;
- Working with Children and Vulnerable people clearances; and
- Flexibility to work 24/7 rostered shifts.
This position can have its challenges but is an amazing opportunity for anyone wishing to grow their career in clinical services.
This role is a long term opportunity that is subject to a criminal history check.
If you feel like this position would be the perfect role for you, please express your interest by clicking APPLY NOW!
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to Kayla Desbrow on firstname.lastname@example.org and 07 3225 7500.