IPA Townsville are looking to fill a short term contract with immediate start Construction Estimator for a government agency. Duties
Do you have the ability to provide operational construction estimating services in respect to construction contracts on major and complex projects by:
- Undertaking regular site inspections;
- Ability to Estimate capital project works
- Ensuring site meetings are held at regular intervals and conducted in accordance with a standardised procedure;
- Issuing Variation Orders;
- Assessing contractual claims;
- Processing Contractor's Requests for Information; and
- Ensuring Building Act Compliance inspections are undertaken and appropriate records kept.
- Implement contract administration policies and procedures applicable to traditional contracts as identified.
- Act in Accordance with government procedures and systems in respect to contract administration and contractual provisions.
- Implement post contract performance evaluation systems and procedures to provide comprehensive and timely information required by the Pre-Qualified Contractor Register.
- Effectively communicate with Clients and all project team members, in relation to all potential cost and time and quality issues.
- Participate in the review and improvement of the operational effectiveness of the Business Unit's Quality Assurance procedures as requested.
- Apply appropriate employment equity and workplace health and safety principles and procedures whilst undertaking the above duties and responsibilities.
Ability to travel out of town a week at a time. If you have the ability for an immediate start please submit your resume today.