Is part of a large organisation that offers disability support in a Shared residential setting. Our client has share-homes set up across the northern suburbs of Melbourne allowing their clients to have the ability to live as independently as possible.
We are looking for a team of support staff to cater for a range of locations around Melbourne and Regional Victoria. Locations may be in COVID affected areas so applicants must be prepared to work within this environment.
As a community support staff member, you will be required to support people across a range of duties including, community access and domestic services. Your client base will vary from working with the elderly and also people with a disability. We have positions available for both sectors.
Your direct responsibilities may include but will not be limited to:
- Assist clients in undertaking a range of activities of daily living including personal and self-care, food preparation, eating, dressing and maintenance of personal hygiene, domestic duties and other tasks as directed.
- Promote the development and maintenance of independent living skills
- Assist clients in undertaking a range of activities of daily living including- medication, personal & self-care, food preparation & mealtime assistance, dressing & maintenance of personal hygiene
- Undertake physical household tasks with clients participating where possible
- Receipt and maintenance of written records
- Maintenance of accurate financial records including the collection and storage of receipts
- Prepare compliance reports as required
As a Support Worker, you will be a committed, empathetic and reliable worker to cover the 24-hour support service required. You will have a minimum of 2 years' experience within the sector and will hold the necessary qualifications that are listed below. If successful you will provide personal care, community access and person-centred support to clients within the aged and disability sector to undertake everyday activities while fostering independent living skills and empowering them to make choices that will lead to fulfilment and achievement of individual goals.
To be considered for the role you must carry the following Qualifications
- Certificate IV in Disability
- Current First Aid - Certificate II Level and CPR Certificate
- Working with Children's Check
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate
- Police Check
We are also interested to hear from you if you hold the following qualifications/experience
- Cert IV in Mental Health
- Cert lll in Aged Care, HACC/Community Services or Individual Support
- Cert III Individual Support/Community Service/Cert IV in Disability
- Experience in working with people with specific health needs e.g. dementia, Autism, Epilepsy, Diabetes, mental illness
- Experience in working with Indigenous Australians and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
If you are interested and meet all of the criteria please apply TODAY as we are interviewing ASAP…
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.