IPA Townsville are currently seeking an experienced Contracts Administrator for a permanent position.
This successful incumbent will be responsible for evaluating bid specifications, drawings and compiling costs associated with tender submissions and be responsible for the overall direction to completion of projects within the steel industry. This is a very diverse position, from Managing contracts to Estimating variations and small projects.
Essential functions of the position are as follows;
- Business development
- General Project management - ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, quality requirements and within budget
- Willing to work OT when required
- Reliable attendance
- Assisting hands on, on site
- Working outside of the position description from time to time
- Maintain positive relationships with other company departments to support and drive relevant project and people outcomes
- Establish and drive a positive safety culture with a proactive commitment to workplace health, safety and the environment in project teams and on site
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience in steel fabrication and erection
- Flexible and cooperative team attitude
- Ability to accept directions and constructive criticism and make necessary adjustments
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Experience in interpreting architectural and structural engineering drawings
- Experience completing take-offs of structural steel, purlins and metalwork
This is an exciting opportunity to become a part of a progressive, growing and long established organisation.
This is a full time position commencing as soon as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.