Our global client manufactures specialty materials that their customers have trusted for more than 135 years. With headquarters in the US, they operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. This large organisation serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. Their plant in Clayton is the largest industrial manufacturing plant in Australia for their industry and is equipped with modern Research and Development, Quality Control and Laboratories. THE ROLE
The role acts as a key cross-functional member of the Finance and Operations teams providing manufacture financial guidance, analysis and reporting on manufacture activites. Additionally the role maintains the Inventory Valuation and posting of Inventory Transactions within the ERP system. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABLITIES:
- Support to Finance and Operations functions providing analysis of Operation's expenses, KPIs, purchase price variances, production variances.
- Ensure compliance with Coatings Controllership Inventory Valuation policies.
- Control the financial processes of the Inventory Management System to ensure accurate, timely and reconciled inventory balances and movements in the General Ledger.
- Develop the annual Operations Budget, forecasts and strategic plan in conjunction with management. This includes testing assumptions and questioning variations from previous periods to ensure that budgetary/financial controls are enforced.
- Manage the annual/quarterly recosting process, including inputs and assumptions from the Purchasing, Technical and Production personnel, to accurately update Inventory standard costs.
- Control the maintenance and operation of the ERP Cost System to ensure accurate and timely manufacturing/costing information for users.
- Ad hoc analysis of Operations spending, Variance etc. as required
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Manufacture, Supply chain, Business and other Finance personnel
- Tertiary qualifications: Accounting/Business
- Post Graduate qualifications preferred: CA, CPA, CIMA or equivalent
- At least 5 years of accounting experience (preferably in a large corporate multi-site manufacturer)
- Experience with SAP is highly prefered
- Strong analytical abilities with large volumes of data
- Excellent MS Excel skills; advanced user and MS PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills; proficient in English
- Available to start LATE OCTOBER for 9-12 MTH Maternity Leave Contract
- Period of time after restrictions will be Working From Home
If you are a hardworking, team orientated Cost Accountant available to commit to a long term contract, please submit your CV and Covering Letter NOW!