APS5 & APS6 Policy Officer - First Nations Team
- 12 month contract
- Sydney CBD location
- Highly reputable government organisation
Our Government Client is seeking the services of suitably qualified Policy Officers at APS5 and 6 levels. These roles work within the First Nations Team to deliver policy development, research and reporting particularly in the area of First Nations people with Disability.
This role will offer you the opportunity to provide your personal expertise to projects across the organisation and join an extremely talented, inclusive and supportive team.
Reporting to the Policy Director and Assistant Policy Director for First Nations, this role will see you;
- Support the team in setting a strategic direction and providing leadership, particularly in relation to policy regarding First Nations people with disability
- Develop and write high quality content for issues papers, and final report
- Provide policy input in preparation for hearings
- Apply critical thinking and rigorous analysis to ensure the delivery of sound proposals and recommendations that are necessary, implementable and sustainable
- Undertake research and participate in consultations to support the development of content for the final report
- Collaborate with the community engagement and legal teams
Skills & Experience
- Considerable experience in the area of First Nations policy
- Excellent report writing skills and the ability to work effectively in high pressure environments with high workloads and tight timeframes
- Excellent judgment, common sense and discretion and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience within the disability sector and a Royal Commission or other public inquires or law reform is desirable
- The ability to liaise widely and develop productive working relationships with stakeholders
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role please submit your application ASAP, alternatively contact Therese on 02 9220 6900 for a confidential discussion.