Working for a Community Based Health Organisation, our client is looking for Senior Clinical Lead for a contract position to start ASAP till the end of January. This role will be to work full time hours based in the clients Hawthorn Office as well as off-site within the local area.
This role is to manage a specific Covid-19 project. The project is to work with local residents, proprietors and community based organisations to create a COVIDSAFE Environment and Behaviours, to high risk Accommodation facilities and ensure responses to Covid-19 outbreaks are timely and connected to existing local services and structures.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Develop systems and processes for the provision of infection prevention and control risk assessments and outbreaks in high risk accommodation settings.
- Identify or develop training programs to ensure staff and contractors have the necessary skills and competencies to perform their role effectively and in a COVIDSafe manner.
- Provide clinical oversight and advice on infection prevention and control strategies for properties of concern.
- Work closely with health service partners to ensure processes for active case finding, testing, case management, admission and discharge are established
- Develop systems, tools and resources to ensure the project is prepared to respond to (multiple concurrent) outbreaks aligned to the outbreak management framework included in the service specifications.
- Develop staffing surge plans and implement if required.
- Provide clinical leadership to outbreak response and represent the project on convened Outbreak Management Team meetings
- Lead clinical and in-reach staff across the project and provide advice on clinical and infection control matters.
- Work in close partnership with Engagement and Social Service Leads to ensure coordination of operations across the Project
- Ensure processes are in place and staff are trained to identify, respond to and record project and clinical risks.
- Design and implement risk management strategies and controls
- Investigate incidents and implement actions in a timely manner
To be suitable for this role you must have demonstrated experience in a similar role and have established clinical process implementation within residential, uncontrolled and community settings. You must have recent leadership experience in a similar role and managed staff. You must be able to demonstrate experience working with people from marginalised and multicultural backgrounds and demonstrate experience in framework design, implementation and evaluation. Excellent written and verbal communication skill is key and have commitment in handling continuous quality improvement and health promotion principles. You must have effective time management and prioritisation skills and a high level of accuracy.
You must have a qualification in either Nursing, Infectious Disease or Environment Health or another relevant qualification. You must have a relevant professional registration (eg RN Division 1). A full driver's license is required and you must be happy to have a police check conducted and gain a Working with Children Check if you do not have one already.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone to join this project and take the lead. If you have the relevant skills an experiences we are looking for then please Apply Now, by attaching your Cover letter and CV. For a confidential discussion please contact Anna Houghton at IPA on 0413 085 045