Working for a Community Based Health Organisation, our client is looking for an Engagement Manager for a contract position to start ASAP till January 2021. This role will be to work full time and be based in the clients Hawthorn Office as well as off-site within the local area.
This role is to work on a specific Covid-19 project. The project is to work with local residents, proprietors and community based organisations to create a COVIDSAFE Environment and Behaviours, to high risk Accommodation facilities and ensure responses to Covid-19 outbreaks are timely and connected to existing local services and structures.
The role of an Engagement Manager is to be responsible for ensuring the project is connecting and influencing the community and providing good results. The Engagement Lead is a critical member of the Operations Group.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Design and implement a multi-faceted engagement strategy for the High Risk Accommodation Response Project.
- Establish and support relationships with community organisations, groups and individuals interested in and who can support the project.
- Identify existing work in the community that contributes to the goals of the Project to avoid duplication and value local service connections.
- Focus on engagement opportunities which are sensitive of the language, culture, barriers and lived experience of people living in High Risk Accommodation.
- Enable peers and those with lived experience of homelessness to be engaged and employed in the provision of engagement activities
- Lead engagement staff across the project through the direct management of engagement lead.
- Work in close partnership with Clinical and Social Service Leads to ensure coordination of operations across the project
- Establish processes for the operational direction, coordination and supervision of teams.
- Ensure processes are in place and staff are trained to identify, respond to and record project and clinical risks.
- Design and implement risk management strategies and controls
- Investigate incidents and implement actions in a timely manner.
- Develop evaluation and monitoring processes to ensure engagement strategy is effective.
- Ensure that engagement staff have processes and tools to collect project data.
- Synthesise qualitative and quantitative data into reporting and evaluation reports.
To be suitable for this role you must have demonstrated experience in engagement, community development and stakeholder management. You must be able to demonstrate experience in designing and delivering frameworks with peers. You must have experience in Operational Management of staff and leading teams. Be customer service focused and demonstrate experience working with people from marginalised and multi-cultural backgrounds. Having excellent written and verbal communication skills is key, and have commitment in handling continuous quality improvement and health promotion principles. You must have effective time management and prioritisation skills and a high level of accuracy.
A qualification (preferably post-graduate) in health, community services, social work or engagement is required. A full driver's license is required and you must be happy to have a police check conducted and gain a Working with Children Check if you do not have one already.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone to join this project and take the lead. If you have the relevant skills an experiences we are looking for then please Apply Now, by attaching your Cover letter and CV. For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Anna Houghton from IPA on 0413 085 045