IPA are currently seeking experienced Cleaners and Laundry Officers to work within a Youth Correctional Facility to assist with the day-to-day functions of the facility.
Benefits of the role:
- Immediate start available
- Ongoing roles available
- Cleaning of common areas & facilities within the department
- General cleaning duties: mopping, sweeping, wiping down of surfaces
- Other cleaning duties as required
- Working within the laundry - washing all dirty clothes, drying and folding the clean laundry
- A working with children blue card *MANDATORY (applicants without this will not be considered for the role)
- Has prior cleaning experience, domestic or commercial - this is a must
- Has prior experience, working in an industrial laundry
- Prior dry cleaning experience
- Ability to work between the two departments - cleaning and laundry
- Must be able to undertake and pass a clear Criminal History Check
- Must have the ability to work in a team, as you will be paired with a staff member for each of your shifts.
- Have a current "C" Class Driver's licence & own reliable transport - public transport is not accessible in this area.
- Be hard working and reliable
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Safety knowledge is necessary, as you will be working in a high security environment.
Please note applicants who do not meet ALL mandatory criteria will NOT be considered for this role.