Kick off 2021 with an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and experienced Commission/Board Secretary to work for our client a Victorian safety regulator for electricity, gas and pipelines. An independent government agency our client is responsible for ensuring Victorian gas and electricity industries are safe and meet community expectation. This is a temporary position to start ASAP for 2-3 months.
Reporting to the General Counsel and working collaboratively with senior stakeholders, this newly created role will see you become a trusted advisor to the Board and its Committees, whilst working closely with the CEO and Executive Management Board. Become an integral member of the extended leadership group where you will be responsible for managing all levels of board secretarial compliance and provide critical governance support on a broad range of issues. In this autonomous position, you will provide best practice, day to day advice to the Board and liaise with key external and internal stakeholders. In addition to your responsibilities of managing the Board Secretarial function you're highly capable of partnering to upskill key business leaders and internal staff.
Some of your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Provide governance support to the Board and its 6 main Committees to ensure governance & compliance obligations are met
- Provide advice & guidance on a range of board secretarial matters
- Lead key board secretarial initiatives including continuous improvement
- Attend Board & Committee meetings & manage the distribution of minutes & preparation of agendas
- Manage & oversee Board processes including the preparation of Board & Committee packs
- Ensure corporate governance records are maintained in accordance with obligations
- Assist with lodgement of notifications to regulators in line with statutory timeframes
- Contribute to the ongoing development & implementation of a robust framework to support & assist with new Director's induction
As the point of contact for Directors, ideally you will be a commercially astute experienced Board Secretary within the Victorian public sector or alternatively you are an Assistant Board Secretary/qualified Lawyer with 5+ years' experience looking to take the next step in your career.
As the successful incumbent, you are collaborative and consultative in your approach and demonstrate the following experience & qualifications
- Tertiary qualification within a related discipline, preferably law but other disciplines such as business or commerce may be considered
- Previous experience working with Boards in a similar role
- Well-developed interpersonal & communication skills, both written & verbal with skills of adaptability & initiative
- Clearly conveys and cascades information and engages the audience helping them to understand and retain the message.
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate, through interview, previous experience as detailed above. You must be able to commit to a 2-3 month assignment and be able to start immediately. Suitable applicants are encouraged to apply. For a confidential discussion please contact Anna Houghton on 0413 085 045. Alternatively click on apply now! Please ensure you include a cover letter.