Working for an independent government agency, our client is responsible for ensuring Victorian gas and electricity are safe and meet community expectations. We are currently sourcing a Digital and Social Media Advisor for 2-3 month temp assignment to start ASAP. This role will require you to work remotely from home.
This position will be working in the Communications and Marketing Services Team, and reporting into the Head of Communications. This role will be responsible for developing and implementing digital media strategies and ensuring the organisations content is relevant, innovative and engaging. The role is also responsible for managing key activities within the development of public awareness campaigns.
Some of your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Work with the Head of Communications and Marketing Services to develop, implement and promote the organisations digital media strategy encompassing all of organisations social and digital channels.
- Develop digital and social content, driving engagement and growth across all channels. This includes content creation, curation that supports our key messages and activities.
- Assist in promoting awareness campaigns through digital and social media channels, including Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
- Manage real time contact with stakeholders on digital and social media channels, content moderation, and regular performance reporting on media channels.
- Support the collation, design, development and delivery of key publications including the organisations magazine.
- Coordinate and advise on improvements for the website, including content management.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with industry stakeholders, and collaborate to promote industry wide issues.
- Partner with different divisions to create relevant, compelling digital content for distribution across various platforms.
As the successful candidate, you are required to have a Tertiary Qualification or equivalent in Communications or Public Relations. You must have proven experience in a similar role with a range of social and digital media platforms working in a professional working environment. Previous experience in implementing a digital media strategy to promote brand awareness and engagement as part of a broader strategy is required. You must have intermediate experience and knowledge in design applications including Adobe illustrator as well as experience in social media analytical tools. Strong written communication skills across all media platforms is a must, and you also must have the ability to plan, prioritise and manage multiple deadlines. The ability to think creatively and develop and implement innovative solutions to communication issues is essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to showcase your Digital and Social Media experience and skills. This role is to start ASAP, and you must be able to commit to a 2-3 temp assignment. If you are interested in this role and have the experience and skills we are looking for, then please APPLY NOW. Please attach your resume and cover letter.