Closing date for applications: 25 February
IPA Cairns are calling for resumes from electrically-minded technicians who are keen to work on the Atherton Tablelands.
Whilst the position is initially offered in a relief capacity (for approximately 9 weeks) it could turn into a long term opportunity for the right candidate - so well worth applying for. About the Role:
This role is all about the calibration and maintenance of field instrumentation to ensure efficient operations of scheme assets.
You would be maintaining and repairing electrical assets, assisting with operational requirements, participating in the delivery of the routine and non-routine electrical works programme and managing electrical contractors.
- Conduct day-to-day preventative, corrective and emergency maintenance of all electrical equipment
- Fault analysis for Scada infrastructure assets and implement appropriate corrective solutions
- Perform isolations/ acting as isolation officer and permit holder for high voltage networks
- Ensure our client's electrical safe systems of work are adopted, implemented and used
- Identify, report and correct workplace hazards and defects
- Assist in ensuring all electrical drawings are up-to-date, single line diagrams for high voltage switching are available at each site and are up-to-date, and registers and records or backups are maintained of all protection settings
- Maintain change control processes for control systems and electrical installations
- Ensuring all electrical statutory testing is within current date
Demonstrated experience in:
- Electrical Trade/Instrumentation with experience in Scada and Telemetry systems;
- Advanced computer skills
- Class 'C' manual and automatic driver's license.
- Physically and otherwise capable of working at heights and in confined spaces
- Knowledge of Scada control systems and components used within the water industry;
- Knowledge in maintaining and programming Programable Logic Controllers (PLC), and other field controllers;
- Knowledge in maintaining RTU's, radio equipment and associated network equipment.
- Proven ability to find/rectify faults and maintain Scada and electrical systems.
- Experience in water related Scada equipment would be highly desirable.
- The operation and maintenance of high voltage electrical equipment
- High level communication and interpersonal skills.
If this sounds like a challenge you would like to take on, then we would love to hear from you.