Our global client manufactures specialty materials that their customers have trusted for more than 135 years. With headquarters in the US, they operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. This large organisation serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. Their plant in Clayton is the largest industrial manufacturing plant in Australia for their industry and is equipped with modern Research and Development, Quality Control and Laboratories.
This role is to work within the newly acquired business in the Ingleburn location.THE ROLE
The role is to oversee the efficient operation of the NZ Accounting Function and to ensure Compliance and Reporting requirements are met within the defined timeframes, actively engage the business with proactive feedback, and to also ensure improvements in Business analytical and Understanding.PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABLITIES
- Financial role directly covers New Zealand operations and supports the Australian operations.
- Analyzing complex financial reports and
- Making recommendations / improvements based on financial analysis and critical thinking.
- Improving / documenting and monitoring internal controls with a benchmark to "Best Practice".
- Coordinating more complex accounting projects / initiatives within the Finance team or with other
- Reviewing journal entries ensuring appropriate documentation and accuracy.
- Performing variance analysis and preparing A/C reconciliations.
- Actively drive / manage financial and tax audits
- Tertiary qualifications: Accounting/Business
- Post Graduate qualifications required: CPA
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role (preferably in a manufacturing site)
- Strong ERP Experience
- Strong analytical abilities
- Excellent MS Excel skills; advanced user and MS PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills; proficient in English
If you are a hardworking, Financial Accountant, available to commit to a 12 month + contract, please submit your CV and Cover Letter NOW!