Our client offers disability support in a Shared residential setting, they have share-homes set up in the Cranbourne, Mornington and Rosebud areas, and are looking to appoint a team that can support people with complex needs to live as independently as possible in the community.
We are looking for committed, empathetic and reliable Disability Support Workers to cover the 24-hour support service required.
You will provide personal care, community access and person-centred supports to clients with a disability to undertake everyday activities, while fostering independent living skills and empowering them to make choices that will lead to fulfilment and achievement of individual goals.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Development and implementation of Person Centred Programs in conjunction with the House Coordinator
- Promote development and maintenance of independent living skills using formal and informal teaching methods
- Assist clients in undertaking a range of activities of daily living including- medication, personal & self-care, food preparation & mealtime assistance, dressing & maintenance of personal hygiene
- Undertake physical household tasks with clients participating where possible
- Perform personal support work with professional integrity and ensure the privacy and confidentiality of client information
- Receipt and maintenance of written records in accordance with guidelines including- medical records, health and safety concerns, notes on behaviours as per support plan
- Maintenance of accurate financial records including the collection and storage of receipts where staff are required to have direct involvement in handling resident funds
- Accurate and timely completion of payroll related admin
- Prepare compliance reports as required
To be considered for the role you must carry the following Qualifications:
- Certificate IV in Disability
- Current First Aid - Certificate II Level and CPR Certificate
- Working with Children's Check
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate
- Police Check
- Manual Handling
If you are interested and meet all of the criteria please APPLY NOW!