IPA are looking for people to work as Survey Officers, to assist with fisheries data collection in the Gladstone area.
The role on offer is part time hours only at approximately 5 x 4 hour shifts a month (20 hours / month), which will include week days and weekends.
This role will not generate more hours, therefore it will only suit someone who is only looking for part time hours in an ongoing capacity.
There is an attractive pay rate on offer, which will be discussed at the interview stage.
The position will predominantly be based at boat ramps, but may also include visiting commercial processors or fishers' premises.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Conducting boat ramp surveys - measuring target species at boat ramps
- Interview recreational fishers at boat ramp/s with the aim of collecting biological information on target fish species
- Accurately measure and identify fish species
- Handling fish and fish bins of various sizes
- Regularly check email and respond promptly
- Scan and email completed data sheets promptly
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct and WHS policies in place
**You are collecting data only, you will not be enforcing fisheries regulations.
As you will be engaging with the public, conducting interviews with recreational fishers, this role would suit someone who is confident and friendly.
There is a physical element to this role as well, you will be required to get in and out of boats at the set down areas, handle fish and fish bins of various sizes and stand for the four hours across the course of your shift.
In addition, if/when any of the commercial premises work is required, this will be ongoing manual handling of fish of various weights across the shift.
Therefore applicants will need to have the physical capability to comfortably undertake those duties as well.
- Great attention to detail
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Friendly with good communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Own driver licence and transport (Ability to get yourself to and from the work locations)
- Physical capability
- Fishing experience and good fish ID skills will be highly regarded
In return you will take on an interesting role with a great business.
If this sounds like you, please apply now to be considered.