IPA are seeking to engage a professional Assistant Director of Workforce Planning and Development
for a Federal Government Department. You will work within the National Operations Clinical Innovations Section Leadership Team. You will use your expertise to deliver high quality advice and professional services with limited guidance in the areas of consolidating workforce expansion activities, oversighting projects, and undertaking workforce planning and development, including national training.
This role involves applying creative and innovative approaches to foster best practice clinical service delivery, exercising sound professional judgement.
The occupant of this position is required to provide professional leadership, build capability and act as a resource to the National Operations teams, working in an agile manner. Some of your daily responsibilities would include:
To be successful for this role, you will possess:
- Manage the Workforce Planning and Development program of works to support high quality mental health service delivery
- Implementing a specialist strategic human resource planning and management function to deliver national workforce planning, development, and training
- Supporting teams, projects and clinical quality improvement activities
- Applying project management skills which includes developing quality project documentation and applying change management
- Providing subject matter expertise to deliver procurement activities, manage associated contracts, and ensure compliance
- In conjunction with the National Director - Clinical Innovations, manage strategic planning for longer-term initiatives, including developing a tailored capability framework; workforce planning; national training; supervision and reflective practice; and performance review and career pathways development.
- Manage documentation to track, monitor, report and contribute to the evaluation and integration of initiatives
- Develop and review advice, input, briefings, papers, submissions and correspondence
- Provide supervision, mentoring and coaching to effectively manage performance and encourage professional growth.
**NB: All candidates must be Australian Citizens to be considered for this role**
- Previous experience in an EL1 or equivalent position is highly desirable
- Ideally, you will have an understanding of mental health services
- Preferably you will have background in workforce planning and development, training and assessment, change management, and project management
- Relevant experience in the Australian Public Service or the Australian Defence Force will be highly regarded
- A high standard of written and oral communication is essential for this role.
- IT proficiency and ability to work with limited guidance is essential
- Demonstrated stakeholder management, procurement and contract management experience is essential
- Qualifications as an accredited health professional and experience in mental health, psychology, organisational psychology, social sciences, humanities or a related field will be very highly regarded
- Registration with AHPRA or AASW is mandatory if you hold the above qualifications
You will also need to submit a 1000 word "statement of claims" or "one page pitch" that outlines your skills and experience in correlation with the selection criteria. Paired with this, the successful applicant will also be subject to Australian National Criminal History Checks.
If this position sounds like the perfect position for you, please express your interest today by clicking APPLY NOW!