About the Company
Our client's values are those of simplicity, a focus on quality and fairness. They acknowledge enterprise, stamina and hard work and in return offer fantastic financial incentives and the opportunity to progress and grow in one of Australia's leading retail operations.
About the Role
As an Assistant Section Leader (ASL), you will join a team of five ASL's on each shift scheduling and supervising x 15-20 Drivers. ASL's are the ones who coordinate multiple trucks on the road at the same time. They are the ones that make all the pieces fit together whether it's coordinating delivery schedule to an ever-growing store network, running the day-to-day operations or managing the rostering and training of team members. This position offers autonomy as well as the opportunity to lead the core transport function of a leading global supermarket retailer. Being able to solve real business challenges and see the positive impact of your decisions brings great satisfaction and rewards to match.
This is a fast paced, hands-on role with a heavy workload so it's essential to possess a strong work ethic and the ability to adapt to changing situations. The work environment is very structured, so our leaders must be self-disciplined and organised.
- PM Shifts - 9 - 10 hrs - starting at 3pm or 5pm
- 8-9 day fortnight
- Rostered on every 2nd weekend potentially
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Rostered on x2 days per fortnight hands-on driving/unloading
- Comprehensive training
- Attractive Base Salary + penalties
- Minimum 3 years Transport Supervisory experience
- HC or HR Licence and some truck driving experience
- Scheduling experience within the Transport industry
- Strong leadership skills
- Intermediate computer skills including Excel an advantage
- Results driven with strong organisational skills
- Process driven with excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
APPLY NOW if this is the next career move for you with a reputable market leader!