Join the GenU family.
IPA is pleased to be partnering with genU for the appointment of the General Manager of Residential Aged Services. This is an exciting time in the world of genU. With over 60 years in the making, genU is a people business, supporting and assisting individuals to choose the life they want to lead.
genU is short for Generation You. No matter your generation, what unites the people within the genU community, whether living with a disability or not, is the belief that no one should be disadvantaged, and where all challenges are met boldly and with optimism.
genu Residential and Individual Supports (RIS) is a division of genU which provides a range of services and supports to people who are retiring, who have a disability and for people who are aging. genU Residential and Living includes Costa House Residential Aged Care (RAC), Shared and Respite Living, Supported Residential Services (SRS), Retirement Living, Social Housing and all in home and other individual supports for clients of genU. genU are a registered aged care, retirement living and disability provider supplying services throughout Australia.
As the General Manager of Residential Aged Care, you will ultimately be responsible for overseeing the operations for one of our aged care facilities located in Lara that that has capacity to house 120 residents, whilst also overseeing two current retirement villages which are based in Geelong. This position will also support the clients and employees of the genU Residential and Individual Support division.
Key selection criteria
As the successful candidate you will have a minimum of 7-10 years demonstrated experience in managing the delivery of aged accommodation or residential services along with solid management and leadership skills.
- Detailed knowledge of policy, programs, guidelines, procedures and practices of the organisation and external bodies;
- Demonstrated ability to set targets/KPIs to achieve high performance
- Experience in managing points of operational crisis and response
- Demonstrated experience in the design and development of services to meet the needs of people with disabilities and people who are aging
- Experience of developing and implementing marketing activities
- Highly developed business development skills with experience and proven ability to engage and build positive relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Experience in complex financial reporting and budgeting
- Highly developed organisational and problem solving skills with a proven ability to work autonomously
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to communicate concisely and effectively
What to do now?
If this sounds like your next opportunity, then follow the link and forward your application. Should you have any further questions please call Anne Farrelly on 0477 011 184 for a confidential chat. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an official discussion post finalisation of the shortlist.