Our Government Client is seeking the services of a suitably qualified Executive Assistant to provide high-level support and advice to the Commissioner, who is located in Alice Springs but regularly works from the Brisbane CBD office.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a well-regarded organisation established to help create a more inclusive and just society.
Under limited direction, the Executive Assistant will undertake a wide variety of activities related to executive support:
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the Commissioner including diary, correspondence and telephone management, preparation of documents for hearings and private sessions, liaising with internal and external stakeholders, supporting other engagement activities.
- Organise meetings with internal and external stakeholders, and undertake the secretariat function for those meetings including preparation of materials and minute-taking.
- Assist with organising travel arrangements and financial management including reconciliation of travel and credit card expenses.
- Other activities as direction by the Commissioner.
Please note some interstate travel may be required as part of the role.
Skills & Experience
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated level of initiative and responsiveness, and ability to manage competing priorities.
- A demonstrated ability to think strategically, exercise sound judgement and apply discretion.
- Understanding of Commonwealth government functions and processes desirable.
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute as affirmative measure under Section 26 of the Australian Public Service Commissioner's Directions 2016 and is open to Indigenous applicants who meet the following criteria:
- are of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- are accepted by their community as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Confirmation of Aboriginality will only be required from candidates who are found suitable at the end of the process.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role please submit your application ASAP, alternatively contact Therese on 02 9220 6900 for a confidential discussion.