IPA are working in partnership with Mambourin, a Disability Service Organisation that supports people with a disability with the purpose of connecting people to every opportunity and supporting them to get what they want out of life.
Mambourin are a growing organisation with over 200 staff that work across a range of hubs in Melbourne's West. Their teams provide individualised support to more than 400 people living with a disability. They have a huge range of service choices that cover life skills development, social and community participation, employment pathways and general disability support - all of which help people to kick goals and live their best life.
We are wanting to source several Disability Support Workers to work on a casual basis, working 20-35 hours a week, Monday - Friday, with some weekend work when required. These roles are to start ASAP.
About the role
Mambourin has some exciting opportunities for passionate, energetic and self-starting disability facilitators to join their teams based in their Community Hubs around the Western suburbs.
Key accountabilities include:
- Direct support with activities in their community hubs and out in the community
- Transport people with a disability to and from community choices activities as required
- Personal Care - Assist clients in a wheelchair, change client clothing, personal hygiene requirements
- Administrative, indirect support activities and record keeping including reviews and reports
Demonstrated skills & experience
As a Disability Support Worker, you will be a committed, empathetic and a reliable worker. If you have previous experience working within the disability health sector this would be an advantage but not a necessity.
- Full driver's licence
- Excellent at customer service
- Passionate about making a difference in the lives of people with a disability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great IT skills
If you hold a Certificate IV in Disability this would be an advantage but not essential. There will be some on the job and classroom training for this role which will provided by an independent training organisation.
It is a requirement of this role, that a mandatory background check is completed. The check that is now required for anyone working in the Disability Sector is called an NDIS Screening Clearance Check, and it must be completed and cleared before you start. If you do not have a current NDIS Screening Clearance Check, then one will be conducted throughout the interview process.
Benefits of working for Mambourin
- Work flexibly and have your health & wellbeing supported with Mambourin's openLife program
- Enjoy the benefit of a salary sacrifice arrangement made available through their not for profit status
- They value professional development for their people and invest in a multitude of training courses for staff - they also offer great career progression opportunities with their stepUp program
- Most importantly, they like to have fun, working in a collaborative culture and are passionate about their staff and customers - who they know are the lifeblood of their organisation
There is also the possibility that these roles will come permanent over time, if you show great commitment, great attitude and perform well in the position. If you are wanting to kick start your career working in the Disability field, working for a great organisation then this might be the role for you. Please APPLY NOW by attaching your resume and Cover Letter.
Don't miss out on a great opportunity!!