Working on the latest MACK and Volvo haulage trucks, your expertise will support our client's haulage operations which transports high-grade iron ore from the new Iron Ridge mine 65kms north of Cue to Geraldton Port. About the Role
As a Heavy-Duty Mechanic
, you will perform preventative maintenance and repairs of all levels on the newest and best-maintained fleet in the Gascoyne & Midwest region. You will help keep their fleet in shape and on the road. You will bring your passion for your trade to our client's cohesive team of trained diesel mechanics who work with pride and have gained professional respect across the industry.
Your primary responsibility will be but not limited to:
- Maintain equipment to manufacturers and statutory requirements.
- Diagnose faults safely, accurately, and efficiently in a timely manner.
- Report new issues/faults to management at the earliest opportunity.
- Manage work orders and respond promptly to driver & workshop repair requests.
- Minor welding and/or fabrication tasks as directed.
- Assist in budget management by planning and minimising maintenance costs where appropriate.
If you enjoy working on elite haulage trucks and looking at making it a career with opportunities to progress into senior roles with our client, we would be interested in speaking to you.
The positions are based in Geraldton, but if you are interested in relocation to this great town, they may be able to help with that! In Return, you will have a:
- Great hourly rate (potential earning average of $160k per annum)
- Regular bonus opportunities including $5k@12 months & $10k@24 months retention bonus.
- Family-friendly roster to ensure you have a work-life balance.
- Friendly team environment
- Employee incentive programs
We would like to hear from you if you have the below:
- Relocation assistance may be considered!
- Cert 3 Heavy-Duty Diesel Mechanic (or equivalent)
- C Class driver's license, (HR license is highly desirable),
- Forklift license (desirable)
- Strong technical knowledge of on-road heavy vehicle maintenance
- Experience in the heavy transport industry.
- Ability to diagnose faults safely, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Ability to conduct minor welding and/or fabrication tasks as directed.
- Ability to conduct electrical repairs as directed.
As a socially accredited enterprise, IPA's overarching purpose, over and above providing superior recruitment solutions is to support those most in need. Through our parent company genU, IPA is proud to say that all profits are returned to the community to assist those with a disability.
If you would like to join the team, click APPLY