Working on the latest MACK and Volvo haulage trucks, your leading-hand expertise will support our client's haulage operations, which transports high-grade iron ore from the new Iron Ridge mine 65kms north of Cue to Geraldton Port.
About the Role
As a Leading Hand Heavy-Duty Mechanic, you will assist with supporting and mentoring new/less experienced technicians in performing preventative maintenance and repairs of all levels on the newest and best-maintained fleet in the Gascoyne & Midwest region.
You will manage the changing priorities and individuals' work quality and output in a team of 3 to keep our client's fleet in shape and on the road. You will bring your passion for your trade to our client's cohesive team of trained diesel mechanics who work with pride and have gained professional respect across the industry.
Your primary responsibility will be, but not limited to:
- Maintain equipment to manufacturers and statutory requirements.
- Diagnose faults safely, accurately, and efficiently promptly.
- Report new issues/faults to management at the earliest opportunity.
- Manage work orders and respond promptly to driver and workshop repair requests.
- Minor welding and/or fabrication tasks are directed.
- Undertake on-the-job training and provide on-the-job training to others as required.
- Complete required workshop documentation, paperwork, and in-system data accurately and promptly.
If you enjoy working on elite haulage trucks and leading/sharing your expertise with others, we would be interested in speaking to you.
The positions are based in Geraldton, but if you are interested in relocation to this great town, we may be able to help with that!
In Return, you will have:
- Great hourly rate (potential earning average of $160k per annum)
- Regular bonus opportunities, including $5k@12 months & $10k@24 months retention bonus.
- Family-friendly roster to ensure you have a work-life balance.
- Friendly team environment
- Employee incentive programs
We would like to hear from you if you have the below:
- Relocation assistance may be considered!
- Cert 3 Heavy-Duty Diesel Mechanic (or equivalent)
- C Class driver's license, (HR license is desirable),
- Experience in heavy vehicle inspections and electric and MIG welding.
- Heavy vehicle authorized examiner certification is desired, but not essential.
- Experience in frontline supervision
- Forklift license (preferable)
- Strong technical knowledge of on-road heavy vehicle maintenance.
- Experience in the heavy transport industry.
- Ability to diagnose faults safely, accurately, and on time.
- Ability to conduct minor welding and/or fabrication tasks as directed.
- Ability to conduct electrical repairs as directed.
As a socially accredited enterprise, IPA's overarching purpose, over and above providing superior recruitment solutions, is to support those most in need. Through our parent company genU, IPA is proud to say that all profits are returned to the community to assist