IPA is an award-winning Recruitment Agency and Certified Social Enterprise. We are driven by purpose and when you choose to partner with IPA you are choosing to contribute to social change.
Our client is a large infrastructure service provider, and they are looking for an experienced Operations Manager
with a strong background in commercial facilities management for a short-term contract based in Brisbane.
As Operations Manager
, you will be an action-oriented, skilled and results-driven leader. You will be responsible for executing a number of performance improvement initiatives and running a large-scale facilities maintenance operation resourced by subcontractors and delivering results. Some of your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
To be successful in this position, you must possess the following mandatory qualifications and experience:
- Running a team of Service Managers delivering Facilities Management services across QLD
- Providing strong leadership and mentoring to the team to transform their capability
- Leading the Operations team through a new system implementation
- Instilling basic operational management tools/capabilities into the team and driving KPI's
- Operational and Subcontractor Management
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Architecture, Administration, Facilities Management or a related Building Construction field
- Current, valid Driver's Licence
- Advanced computer skills
- Experience with ISO 55001, 45009, 9001 and 14001 standards
- Excellent stakeholder engagement capability
- Minimum 5 years' proven experience in Facilities Management in a similar environment
- Demonstrated strong supervisory skills
This role requires someone who can "hit the ground running", if you are used to temporary positions or project roles, this is the ideal position for you. There will be quite a bit of mentorship required in this position as the team you will be managing is relatively new, so you must be a hands-on leader and a strong mentor.
There could potentially be some travel around QLD for this role but not necessarily frequent.
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, please express your interest by clicking APPLY NOW!