About our client:
Veteran & Family Counselling was founded by Australia's Vietnam veterans. It is Australia's leading provider of mental health assessment and counselling for Australian veterans and their families.
About the Role
- Provision of high-quality clinical services including assessment and referral, evidence-based individual, couple and family counselling, and case management to eligible Open Arms clients in order to achieve outcomes identified in care planning processes.
- Contribution to the development and delivery of Open Arms group programs as required.
- Maintaining clinical records according to Open Arms standards, collating and analysing data from client records, and preparing reports as required to assist in evaluating and improving service delivery.
- Facilitating the delivery of Open Arms counselling and other programs to veterans, ADF personnel and their families in rural and outer metropolitan areas by;
Applying quality assurance principles and procedures to ensure the clinical practice, reporting and invoicing activities of outreach counsellors meet contractual requirements
Ensuring Open Arms contracted counsellors and other providers are accessing relevant services, resources and supports for Open Arms clients.
- Liaising and forming partnerships with DVA, the ADF, other government departments, ex-service organisations, community health and welfare agencies, and all other organisations involved in meeting the identified needs of veteran and defence force communities and families.
- Qualifications as a registered Psychologist / Mental Health Occupational Therapist / Mental Health Registered Nurse with full AHPRA registration, OR
- Qualification as a Social Worker eligible for membership of the Australian Association Social Workers (AASW) and be eligible to apply for Mental Health accreditation.
About the Benefits:
- Pay rate: $55.00 - $65.00 / hour
- Work status. Contract (12 months - potential to extend)
- Contract start date: ASAP
- Work Location: Rockingham / Mt. Pleasant
- Work hour: Full-time (Monday - Friday) - (37.5 hours)
various 7.5-hour workday rosters are available that include later start (1045 - 1845) for up to two days per week; other combinations of 0815-1615 and 0900 - 1700 are also offered.