Our client is a leading not for profit membership-based organisation established to advocate for health and medical standards and education. They have an exciting opportunity on offer for a Senior Policy and Projects Officer to coordinate and contribute to the review of the regulations and polices underpinning the organisations Education Portfolio, including projects and governance response.
This role is a temporary position for a minimum of 6 months with the strong possibility of an extension to start ASAP. The role also offers flexible working arrangements with some mix of working in the office in the CBD and from your home.
Reporting to the Head of Training Services you will work collaboratively with other key stakeholders in the business to ensure that the regulations and polices are reviewed and updated accordingly.
Some of your duties will include the following:
- Coordinate a comprehensive review of the organisations Education Portfolio policies and regulations
- Support and contribute to the development and revision of policies, including policy research and analysis
- Provide high-level policy advice to key stakeholders, including preparation of reports and submissions
- Support and contribute to the development and delivery of strategic projects
- Regular engagement with key stakeholders to foster and maintain respectful and collaborative relationships to achieve policy and project outcomes
As the successful candidate you will have proven experience working in a similar role and you will demonstrate the following experience and skills:
- A tertiary qualification or experience in either law, health policy, medical education or a related field
- Knowledge or the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of medical regulatory requirements relevant to Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand (Preferable but not essential)
- High-level policy analysis skills and demonstrated experience in leading policy development, including project implementation
- Excellent organisation skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills, including a demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate with people across all levels of the organisation and with external stakeholders
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly word processing and spreadsheets
This is an exciting opportunity, so if you are interested in the position then please APPLY NOW by submitting your Cover Letter and CV. For a confidential discussion please contact Anna Houghton on 0413 085 045